Let's start that DA's helpdesk is actually... not so helpful at all.
My ticket more or less came back with a generic response. The so called bug is apparently already known for a for a full month and with that message my helpdesk ticket was closed :')
As for now I've got some good stuff coming. Both articles (journals) and art. But it seems to make little sense to post them if half of the watchers doesn't even get notified (it basically feels like they fell off the face of earth), and the other half gets the notification with a 3 hour to 2 days delay. Not to mention that I stare at a blank page half of the time, because of the bugs. So I guess I have to postpone posting the really cool and awesome stuff until DA gets their shit back on track. Sorry guys T__T
For now, a few small updates
First of all, I want to say that, among many other amazing artists, my work has been featured in the artbook of my dear friend Yuuza
For more information on this artbook, its content, and how to obtain it.
Please check it here!
Futhermore... random meme's
50 random facts about me
01. I prefer writing over art, mostly for the reason because I think it's easier.
02. I've saved my drawings/writings from ever since the time that I was 6 years old.
03. As a kid, I've always wanted to be a writer when I grew up. It wasn't until I became older that I realized it was a near impossible career for a non native English person.
04. The sole reason why I started drawing, was because I wanted people to show what my characters looked like.
05. My desk is always somewhat messy. I can't be creative on a clean desk (Most bosses hate this aspect of me XD)
06. I own over 50 art related-related books. Most of them are how-to books on various subjects, like anatomy, color and environments.
07. Watching art related Youtube tutorials is one of my favorite ways to spend idle time. I don't really mind how good the artist is. There's always something to learn.
08. I started writing motivational texts in an attempt to motivate myself.
09. I have Google translate open in another tab whenever I write an English message or journal. English is not my native language and I don't fully master it yet.
10. I've made video tutorials. But I decided pretty soon it's not my thing, since I'm too shy to actually talk in English (The accent. The horrible accent. Arrrghhh!!)
11. I learned to know Yuki Kajiura's music through the anime hack//sign. And although I could never finish the anime (didn't like it that much), I've been a Yuki Kajiura fan ever since.
12. I've been playing Pokemon since the early Red/Blue games came out, and am in fact still a fan.
13. I watch a fair amount of anime, even though I never feel like making fanart for any of them.
14. I rarely make fanart, since I'm never an avid fan of anything for a long time. My liking's switch a lot of time and they usually switch fast.
15. I see my creativity as a rather fluid thing that stems from raw emotion. No matter if I draw, design, write or code, it all comes from the same place. And in my mind it all blends together.
16. I wasn't any serious with visual art until 2010. It pretty much shows in my improvement meme. Everything prior to 2010 is the same shit all over again.
17. Most of my drawings are from a novel called Emion. It's a book I'm still writing and that's already 1000+ pages.
18. Most of my drawings take hours. I'm a terribly slow worker.
19. I actually enjoy drawing together with other people in real life. Unfortunately I don't know many people living close by that actually draw.
20. I want to be more active on Tumblr but I have a hard time figuring out how the thing actually works (and I'm usually too busy answering messages at DA. That too XD)
21. On contrary to popular belief, I was never actually awarded a Daily Deviation. Look! My DD gallery! It's completely empty! XD
22. This artwork was the one piece that got me seriously interested in digital art, and therefore holds a lot of memories for me. I still want to buy a print of it one day, if shipping costs weren't that expensive T__T
23. I never used HTML for my DeviantArt profile. Not because I don't know how to use it. But because I'm too lazy to sort everything out
24. I prefer the default DeviantArt journal skin as it's clean, and loads great in both the journal portal and on mobile. Many other skins lack that aspect (Again; too damn lazy to html one myself)
25. I have this odd fascination with statistics, that has led me to build a tool to analyse my watchers for no other reason than pure curiosity (I might publish results, if anyone is interested)
26. I've never actually done art commissions. I didn't want to do any extra work beside my full time office job.
27. I'd like to do art commissions just once, out of pure curiosity just to see how they'd sell. I know, however, the obligations would totally kill me.
28. I think my character Sato is a horrible person, and I wouldn't want to meet him in real life.
29. I like writing about him in the novel because he is horrible
30. I created Sergei Kazimir and his love for fire, just because I wanted to experiment with a character that loved everything that I hated.
31. I'm currently a webdeveloper in real life. But I've done all kinds of jobs in IT, webdesign, graphic design, social media marketing, and alike.
32. I started programming because high school bored me to death.
33. I used to be a moderator on various Dutch internet forums, going back as far as 2002. That is where I got my first internet experience.
34. Some of my earliest friends on the internet were hackers. I've been fascinated by hacking techniques and web technology ever since.
35. I've hacked. Though I've never destroyed something. Being in the web-building business it always made me sad to see something getting destroyed.
36. I know how to build a computer. I learned how to do so because I needed a new (faster) computer for school and wasn't able to afford a pre-build one.
37. I hate people that declare their selves "nerd" just by taking a selfie with over-sized glasses. Imo you aren't a real (computer)nerd unless you know how to either hack, code, or build a PC.
38. I've been severely internet addicted.
39. I still am. But my job provides me with a solid excuse now.
40. The worst thing about being without internet is being without Google. I use the website all day to basically look up anything and everything (Oh? Did I already mention I'm a curious person?)
41. I rarely watch movies because I have a hard time recognizing faces, and thus telling the characters apart.
42. I was called 'manga girl' at the first office where I worked. Not because I drew manga. But because I have a roundish face with big eyes.
43. I have a terrible fear of speaking in public.
44. I dress myself very mainstream. Part of that is because of the budget (I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes). Part of it because I hate to stand out too much.
45. I'm afraid of fire, and I have been so ever since I was a kid. I don't even want to lit a candle.
46. I'm physically weak because of a wrist injury. I can only lift a few kilo's. Heavy shopping bags give me a hard time.
47. Despite my apparent outgoing nature, I'm a real introvert. I need alone time. And if I don't get it, I'll get very grumpy.
48. I love cooking, but only when I have plenty of time for it.
49. I own a cat.
50. My favorite emoticon here is
That's it for today.
Expect more awesomeness as soon as DeviantArt fixes their bugs